Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 7, 2011

Crafts for summer: anchors away tee

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5KqSFeLkHXg/TdCBz0R_IPI/AAAAAAAADT8/Z7rUyVuQ7Ws/s1600/anchors+away.jpg 
Materials:
  • Lightweight cotton: I used 1/3" yard for an 18 mos size
  • Scrap of contrast fabric
  • 1/4" elastic
  • Double sided fusible interfacing
1. Cut out your pieces. I used a shirt in a similar style as a guide. This shirt is gathered (by the elastic) so make   it quite a big bigger than your usual shirt. My armholes ended up slightly snug- make sure you make the sleeves and armholes really roomy. My sleeves are cut on the fold along the outer straight edge. 
 2. With right sides together sew 1" in along the  bottom edge starting on the left.
 3. With right sides together sew up you side seams
 4. Fold the bottom edge of your sleeve over twice to form a casing. Stitch most of the way around- thread your elastic through and then sew up the gap you left. Make sure the sleeves aren't too snug- babies and toddlers have bigger arms than you'd think:)
 5. With right sides together sew your sleeves into the shirt. Make sure you line up your seams.
6. Fold the top edge of your shirt and sleeves over twice and stitch to form a casing- leave a small gap. Thread your elastic through and tighten the elastic enough to form a neckline. Secure the elastic and stitch your gap shut.
 7. Hem the bottom of the shirt. I used my double needle, which gave me a really clean professional look.
 8. I just discovered how to use my cricut on fabric!! Couldn't be more thrilled:) Take your double sided interfacing and fuse to the WRONG side of your fabric. Smooth onto your cricut mat with the fabric facing down. Mine cut out perfectly using 2 for speed (low), 4 for pressure (high) and 5 for the blade depth. I know the silhouette sells special interfacing to use with their machine, but you might just try your run of the mill wonder under first.
 9. Peel of the backing and iron your applique to the shirt. I had my anchor over on the side and part of it wraps arounds to the back. Use a zig zag stitch to go all the way around the applique and keep it secure.
Anchors Away!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...